Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger

1.9.17

Loreal Colourista Review

So I don't know why, whenever I go to any festivals, I just love adding wacky colours to my hair. Like 4 years ago I went bright pink, and it took around 6 weeks to properly come out, which sadly isn't appropriate now I'm at work. Which when I saw Loreal range, and and how it washes out in 5-10 shampoos, I was like hell yeah. So I chose a light blue for a change so here is my thoughts.
Sadly in this picture, the packaging doesn't look great, as my bottle leaked and the packaging just went soggy. 

So I am writing this, as I currently have green hair and it won’t come out. All fun and games when you’re at a festival however being back at work now it really isn’t suitable.  Yeah, I tried out the Loreal Colourista in blue, and on the box it just looked incredible which is why I thought yeah let’s give it a go, as I have gone pink in the past and I loved it! 


Loreal Colourista




Loreal Colourista
Please excuse my Minnie Mouse dressing gown 

So I will now tell you exactly why this product did not work for me. So, I have blonde hair, and it said if it’s a darker blonde it won’t show. I only bought one box, however one box wasn’t enough so we did half a head to find out we have no more product left. No good. A heads up if you going to use this product and have long hair, you will need two boxes! I left it on for 15 minutes as it for a more of a subtle colour which is what I wanted. Followed all the instructions, and you can see from the picture that the top layer has a quite nice blue colour through it, and I’m sure if my full head was covered it would be nicer. 


However, after one more wash it started to turn green. And I must say, green is a much more noticeable colour than baby blue. The picture below, doesnt do the green justice. From the front it is very green! So, on my way home tonight, I am picking up some DIY products to try get this colour out. If my DIY products work, that can always be a separate post.


Loreal Colourista
So please excuse my badly straighten hair, but you can see how my hair has turned green. 
I don't think personally this picture does it justice of how green my hair is, two days after the application, it was like grass green (the only way I could describe the colour of it). 
Update- The DIY products did managed to fade the product massively! And I have constantly been washing my hair, and now I feel like the product is starting to come out. 


Have you ever tried this product before? What were your thoughts?



Lots of love,
Nicole xx





Make sure your following me on Bloglovin to keep update with any new post xx


Twitter Instagram  Pinterest

You may also like Pure Clay Detox Mask

10 comments:

  1. It looks amazing on the packaging, how rubbish it messes up your hair :( I've wanted to try these for ages but I'm gunna leave it now I think! Xx

    Sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wish I listened to reviews and didn't bothered haha xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh it's such a shame this didn't work well! I stopped using box dyes for this reason, too hit and miss (I've had some real disasters!). I'm a big fan of the Minnie Mouse dressing gown though!

    https://amyevans.co.uk - Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree with you! Sticking with the hairdressers now, and aw thank you!xx

      Delete
  3. I wanted to try these products since the first day (a lovely purple was what I had in mind) but didn't pick any. Too bad it didn't work like you wanted to work and ended up looking green :(

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! As some people have had such pretty colours in their hair!xx

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about trying these, but it's shocking what it has done to your hair! I'm glad it's starting to fade, and you're getting your natural colour back xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  5. no i will NOT excuse your mini mouse dressing gown because i freakin LOVE IT ♥♥ #noregrets

    this looks so good on the packaging, it's a shame it didn't work for you. i've been using the little hair chalks recently in the tips of my hair and am really happy with them, would recommend and they wash out straight away haha


    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright @ Nicole Ann. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign