Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger

7.8.16

My Experience with Roaccutane

Hello!!

So this afternoon I have just spent looking at old pictures of me thinking wow, my skin was shocking then. Which gave me inspiration to write this post about my experience with Roccacutane. There is very few pictures of myself when my skin was bad as I had no confidence to take any pictures. 



I have started taking a lot more care into my skin care now- which I am going to do a post on in the near future.


Back when I was in my mid teens, my skin wasn't terrible however I had the worst break outs and it really got my confidence down. I had the oiliest skin which didn't help with trying to wear foundation as I would layer it on, praying that it would last the full school day. I was eating well and exercising frequently so I had no idea why my skin was so bad. I had tried everything, antibiotics, going on the pill just to try balance my hormones. Last resort was to refer me to the dermatologist. 

After we talked through everything, side effects, things to be cautious of, then I was given my first lot of medication. 

Skin Effects
I was constantly tired, I would go to bed at 9pm and wake up at 7am. After school I would have a two hour nap and still be shattered. I was too tired to do anything on a night, not fun what so ever specially when the age I was at, everyone was going out. 
I had the driest skin, lathered on moisturiser but nothing seem to work. 
Vaseline was my best friend, I went through pots of it. 
Whatever you do- do not get anything waxed when you are on the medication, I found out the hard way when I got my eyebrows waxed. I was in agony- as my skin was so so sensitive, it just took a layer of skin off. 

Does it work?

Yeah it does, but it comes with awful side effects. I still now have such dry skin not nearly as bad when I was on the medication but still bad now. Also I have incredibly sensitive skin, for example I can't spray perfume on my chest area as I come out in a rash. 

I must say I am incredibly pleased with the results, however three years on I am still have bad breakouts which is no fun as I went on a medication  to prevent any breakouts in future life. 

I would definitely do your research before going onto the medication as some side effects are severe i.e. low moods. Every time I went back to the dermatologist, I had to fill out a questionnaire about how happy I am feeling- if you ever experience any low moods speak to your doctor as soon as possible!!

So thats my experience with Roaccutane, it definitely isn't for everyone, I hope its helped with telling you about it all. 

Lots of love,
Nicole


Make sure your following me on bloglovin so you never miss a post xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright @ Nicole Ann. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign