Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger

27.4.17

City Break- Madrid

So the holiday blues have kicked in big time now. I need a holiday to get over this holiday. I just love a good city break, however they can be quite tiring, so excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes as I am pretty pooped while writing this. So here is my guide to Madrid. Below is what I got up to in 3 days that I was there. We also only took hand luggage, however for 3 nights that is more than enough.
Accommodation
We stayed at New Point Apartments, they were very basic.. However for the time we were in the room it was ideal. The location of it was fab, walk out your room and straight in the centre. One bad thing is, the street our accommodation was down was full of Prostitutes which made me a little uneasy.

Park Retiro
This park is so so beautiful, it probably also helped that it was a gorgeous day. A very nice walk if that’s what you were fancying; however there is a couple of small cafes. We stopped for lunch and Sangria one day and the other day at a different cafe for milkshakes and churros, which I was so disappointed with, the only churros I had all holiday and they weren’t even nice! But they have little rowing boats on the lake which you can hire and use which is lovely. It was very reasonably priced at 6 euros for 45 minutes per boat, which you can have up to 4 people.

Park Retiro


Park Retiro
Palace
So when we first arrived, the queue was pretty large so we went to the Cathedral first which ill get onto next. Once we got in, full price tickets at 11 euros, however if you have a student card you can get in 6 euros. I would so say this is worth a visit, it’s just amazing some of the rooms which you can see from the pictures below. There is quite a few rooms where you aren’t allowed to take pictures and they get pretty arsey if they catch you taking any. However we could not take a picture of the dining table, it’s beautiful.  


Madrid Royal Palace
Cathedral
So we weren’t that fussed to go here, however when we saw the queue for the palace we thought might as well. Its 6 euros entry and you can only take pictures outside.  The view of the palace when your upstairs outside of the palace is beautiful.

Madrid Royal palace
Segway
I would recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat. I have been on Segway around 6 times and still love it. I did it in Perth which you can read the post here.  It is a great way to see lots of different areas. Like the we got taken to this big foodie place, reminded me a lot of Barcelona in this area.. you can read my post on Barcelona here.  Its just ideal if you don’t want to walk anymore and have some fun, I definitely found it a right laugh. There is plenty of people near the palace selling tours so I am sure you will find a Segway tour. We paid 20 euros for 1 hour 20.

Football stadium
Now I personally wouldn’t recommend this, first of all we queue 1 hour and 30 minutes to buy tickets which cost 25 euros. However I have to say the stadium is pretty spectacular. 



Real Madrid cf


Circulo De Bella- Rooftop bar

Right so to get to the rooftop bar you do have to pay 4 euros, which I guess is a little steep if you are going up there to spend money anyway. However it is lovely up there with a drink and enjoy the view. It was such a beautiful night when we went, although it did get very chilly. We didn't end up eating there as there was no where inside.. however I really wish we did. 

Circulo de bellas



Tinto with a view
So we went to Madrid last week so end of April, and the temperatures were around 20's - 25's which was nice, and a good temperature for walking around seeing sights. Also I went for 3 nights and took 315 euros, which was the perfect amount. I always base it on 100 euros a day, as we were having cocktails that were 10 euros each. 

So yeah that's my time in Madrid, I hope you have enjoyed the post as much as I did writing it!! I have also filmed our time in a little vlog which I will put live soon. 

Have you been to Madrid? Where would you recommend visiting?

Lots of love,
Nicole 



You may also like 
Barcelona
Bali



Make sure your following me on Bloglovinbloglovin to keep update with any new post xx


Twitter Instagram  Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Oooo it looks like such a beautiful city, I really want to go, what an incredible place! I long to visit big beautiful cities like this, total dream!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing place, my dad is going there in a few weeks.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright @ Nicole Ann. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign